BENEFITS DEPARTMENT / FULL-TIME
Jacksonville FL, Remote
Culture is everything here and we are looking to add to our amazing team of dedicated professionals. We all believe in our mission, and we work to take care of our clients and each other every day. Feel free to ask us about our Mission, Vision, and Values.
The benefits specialist position is responsible for directing and planning the day-to-day operations of group benefits programs (group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, travel and accident plan, flexible spending plan, retirement plans, etc.). This position provides excellent customer service and designs quality benefits plans. The administrator continually investigates new benefits programs, improves existing programs, and supervises and monitors benefits administration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the face of the office and provide excellent customer services to clients, independently affiliated sales partners, vendors and sales team.
- Understand the process and details of health insurance.
- Strong knowledge of employee benefit insurance items: health, vision, dental, short- & long-term disability, accident, hospital indemnity, life insurance, etc.
- Responsible for direct support of the Benefits team, including accounts payables and receivables, expense reports, coordination all plan consultations, coordinate plan enrollments, and sales file maintenance.
- Provide instruction and support on office systems for employee benefits selections.
- Assist in auditing invoices for carriers and clients.
- Guide employees in selection of benefits and understanding the selection process and portals.
- Aid client employees in benefit claims filing and claims follow up as required
- Responsible for the timely and accurate input and updates to Company related systems (Zendesk Sales, PrismHR, ZOHO, Sharepoint)
- Assist agents with assembling materials for demos.
- Perform a variety of other administrative duties as assigned.
- 2-15 license (highly preferred)
- 1-2 years’ experience in health and medical benefits administration
- 2+ years’ experience in a customer centric business environment with administrative responsibility for office operations.
- Strong customer service skills with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to interact successfully with both internal and external customers at all levels