PAYROLL DEPARTMENT / FULL-TIME
Jacksonville FL, Remote
Responsible for accurate and timely processing of assigned client payrolls for the PEO and ASO while ensuring high level of customer experience. The position is responsible for coordinating with clients on processing timesheets, updating payroll information, and meeting payroll deadlines. Ultimately, the position is responsible for ensuring employees are compensated correctly and on time for assigned clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process payrolls for assigned workload of clients to ensure proper and timely completion
- Work with clients on receiving complete and accurate attendance reports and timesheets
- Reviews submitted timesheets for accuracy and ensure all relevant documentation is complete
- Coordinates with clients any necessary changes to employment statuses of client employees
- Assists clients and completes client employee hire and termination processes
- Helps with the onboarding procedures for new employees and new clients to ensure a smooth and swift transition onto the company’s payroll
- Ensure timely submission to meet banking deadlines for employee payroll transfers
- Process other financial calculations and deductions including, but not limited to bonuses, fringe payments, garnishments, and taxes
- Maintain documentation and payroll records
- Produce reports upon request
- Assists clients with login and time clock issues
- Answer employee questions or complaints about salaries, payments, and taxes
- Work with other department members to assist in completion of all client payroll
- Suggest process improvements to department management
- Work with the payroll team to support other team members
- Works to create a positive and collaborative work environment within the department
- Ensures proper compliance with federal, state, and local requirements are met with regulations, codes, statutes in terms of employee documentation and payroll
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree or payroll certification (preferred)
- 1+ years of customer service experience related position
- 2+ years of payroll or related industry experience (preferred)
- 1+ years of PrismHR payroll processing experience (preferred)
Skills and Abilities:
- General knowledge of the payroll industry and payroll laws
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft Suite, including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with associates.
- Effective planning and priority setting.
- Ability to process multiple payrolls simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and organization skills