SALES / FULL-TIME
The Benefits Manager is responsible for directing and planning the day-to- day operations of the group benefits departments (group health, dental, vision, short-term and long- term disability, worker’s compensation, life insurance, travel and accident plan, flexible spending plan, retirement plans, etc.). This position ensure s that the benefits team provides excellent customer service and designs quality benefits plans that best suit the needs of each prospect and client. This position will be working with leadership, sales department, and clients to create plans. Open client enrollment periods will be constant projects that must be overseen and facilitated by this position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, recommend, propose, and manage new or revised global benefits/wellness programs based on new clients or changing business needs of existing clients
- Manage and oversee the work responsibilities of the benefits team while offering guidance on benefit administration
- Maintain compliance with labor regulations (including but not limited to medical, dental, life and disability insurance, and other ancillary benefits)
- Manage third party vendor relationships ensuring service expectations are met
- Manage the communication and education of benefits, including queries of clients, providing consultation and support for issues that arise
- Help design benefit program collateral to meet the custom needs of clients (insurance, wellness etc.), organize offerings into presentable formats for presentation
- Evaluate and negotiate with service providers (e.g. private insurance company)
- Assume responsibility of timely payment of monthly premiums
- Conduct analysis of client’s current benefit offerings to create comparable packages or to provide recommendations for improvement
- Handle all benefit compensation and reimbursement procedures
- Coordinate leaves of absence and process claims or requests (medical operations, worker’s compensation etc.)
- Direct assistance to employees who have benefit, coverage, or claims questions or need help with claims.
- Must have 5+ years’ experience in Benefits Administration or Brokerage
- 1-2 yrs Management experience
- 2-15 or 2-20 License (preferred)
- Proficient with acting as a liaison between providers and recipients
- Strong understanding of different benefit plans (retirement, health & dental insurance etc.)
- Familiarity with EEO, ADA, Family Leave and other regulations regarding employment and employee welfare
- Attention to detail and process oriented
- Strong presenting skills
- Proficient in MS Office and our HRIS system (e.g. PrismHR)
- Understanding of data recording and analysis
- A positive and motivated mindset, and a professional image.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and integrity.
- College degree preferred but not required.